Custom Navbar

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Golden Globes 2014: My Best and Worst Dressed

Hey guys! So I watched the Golden Globes last night and I thought that I had to do a blog post of my best and worst dressed of the night. So I'll start with the best looks of the night in no particular order.

Best Dressed

Cate Blanchett















Cate looks so stunning in this black lace Armani PrivĂ© gown. I absolutely love the back of this dress, it's gorgeous. The only thing I don't like about this look if I had to be really picky is the earrings, i'm not mad about them. This is such a statement dress that I probably would have just put some simple studs with it because the dress really doesn't need much accessorizing.


Lupita Nyong'o
This dress is amazing, and so cool. The full length cape takes what would be a gorgeous dress on it's own to a completely different level. I really love how she pared it with such simple makeup and accessories so that everyone's main focus was that amazing dress.



Tina Fey














I loved Tina Fey's first dress during the presenting of the show. I just couldn't help think about how absolutely stunning she looked in this while I was watching it last night. I love the dress, it's very simple with the perfect amount of jeweled detail. So classy!


Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift looked effortlessly gorgeous in this Carolina Herrera dress. I just think the gown is so beautiful, I love the black band at the top and think the redish fuschia colour is gorgeous. The only thing I'm not sure about is the dark red lip with this dress, I think it clashes slightly, but she still looks amazing.



Julia Bowen
I really like Julia Bowen's dress with the red and purple colour blocking and the red clutch bag. I dunno, there is just something that I really like about this, I like the colours, I like the shape, the only thing that i'm not crazy about is the velvety material for the top of the dress and for the belt, I just would have liked the dress a tiny bit more if it was the same material as the skirt part of the dress.



 Kate Beckinsale
I love Kate Beckinsale's silvery metallic Zuhair Murad dress. She looks amazing. This is how you pull off the metallic shiny look without looking trashy.This dress is all class. I love it!



Kerry Washington 
Kerry Washington debuted her baby bump in this stunning Balenciaga maternity dress. It perfectly accentuated her baby bump and she looked gorgeous.



 Sofia Vergara
Sofia Vergara appeared on the red carpet in this stunning black Zac Posen gown. I really like this gown and I love the idea of the statement necklace with it but I think that I would prefer it with a gold or silver necklace, or even white. I don't really like the turquoise blue necklace with it.


Worst Dressed


Paula Patton
I don't think I need to say much about this dress. It is way too busy and I just don't think it worked. I think the picture speaks for itself.



 Julia Roberts
I love Julia Roberts but this look just didn't work for me. Without the shirt underneath this would have been perfect. The only way I think the shirt underneath could have worked is if there was no belt or if it had just a plain white. The sparkly belt and the shirt together just didn't work at all.



 Drew Barrymore
I know that Drew Barrymore is pregnant and that she loves bright and colourful fun clothes but I did not like this dress at all. I think that the best thing for a pregnant woman to wear on the red carpet is something really simple that accentuates their bump like what Kerry Washington wore. This is way too busy. I do like that she paired red peep toes with it though.



 Jennifer Lawrence
I hate that I have to put Jennifer Lawrence on my worst dressed list. She is my favourite actress and I love her, but no matter how I look at it this is not a good dress by Dior. It would have been fine if there was no second band but I have seen the gifs online comparing her to Ariel wearing a sail with rope wrapped around it and now there is no way I can't take it seriously with the second band. Otherwise I love the clutch bag and she still looks amazing, she would look amazing if she was wearing a bin bag.

I hope you liked this post. I'm thinking about doing some more posts like this for some other awards shows like the Oscars so let me know if you would like to see more of them by liking this on bloglovin or giving it a
+1 on Google Plus.


Follow on Bloglovin

 
*I don't own any of the pictures used in the above blog post.