Custom Navbar

Monday 27 January 2014

The Grammys 2014: My Best and Worst Dressed

Hey guys, today's post is another award season best and worst dressed and this time I'm talking about The Grammys. So as always, in no particular order, here are my best dressed:

Best Dressed
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift looked absolutely incredible in this shiny Gucci chainmail gown. It was so different to anything I've seen on the red carpet lately and I thought she looked stunning in it. I also really loved the hair and makeup.


 Colbie Caillat
 I loved this gorgeous deep red Ezra Santos gown on Colbie Caillat. The detail at the top of it was so pretty but I have to admit that I really didn't like this hair with it.


Anna Faris
If you have already read any of my other award season posts, (which I will link at the bottom) you will know that I love a simple dress over sparkles and frills so I had to include Anna Faris on my best dressed list. It was a gorgeous fitted dress and she looked great but it wasn't a very special dress for me.


Ciara 
 
I thought Ciara showed off her baby bump in style in this gorgeous sparkly dress. (I didn't say I didn't like sparkles, I just prefer simple elegant gowns :P ) I think she looks absolutely amazing but I think if I saw this dress on the clothes rack and not on Ciara, then I'm not sure if I would like it that much. Ciara makes it.


Bonnie McKee   
This dress didn't photograph that well but when I saw her walk past on E!'s Live at the red carpet I thought it was absolutely stunning. I really love this dress but the hair kind of ruined the look a little for me. I also really love the shiny clutch bag.


I'm not 100% percent sure about..



Katy Perry
I'm leaning more for liking this dress than not because I really love the bottom of it with the music notes on it and thought that it was perfect for The Grammys and for Katy Perry to wear because she loves fun, quirky outfits. However, I didn't like the top of dress and I didn't like the hair so I'm not 100% sure about this but I definitely like it more than I dislike it.


Zendaya
Again I'm not sure about this look but I think that if the floor length skit was all black and if she had worn some more edgier shoe, that she would have looked so cool and edgy, especially with the hair and makeup which I really loved. If those changes were made then she probably would have been one of my best dressed, but with the skirt and shoes as is, I'm not really that sure.


Worst Dressed 

Pharrell Williams
I usually don't include men in my best and worst dressed but this time I had to mention one. I really don't know what to say about Pharrell William's hat. When I first saw it, I wasn't sure if it was a joke or he was going to take it off later in the night to reveal a big surprise like a new hair cut or a budgie flying out from underneath it. I really like Pharrell, and I do like that he took a risk and didn't go with the norm, but I just didn't like this hat.

Beyonce
As much as I love Beyonce, I have two things that I don't like about this look; her new shorter hair and the fact that this dress almost shows her crotch. If the design went the whole way down and covered her crotch then the dress would be okay but I don't love it.

I hope you like this post. If you want me to do a post like this for The Oscars let me know in the comments below or like it on Bloglovin to let me know that you like when I do these type of posts. Here are the links to my best and worst dressed of the Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards. Also, please leave a comment below telling me your best and worst dressed of The Grammys, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Follow on Bloglovin

*I don't own any of the pictures in the above blog post.